Logo

starting engine without remote

govsux

I have a 2008 F250TXR I did work on and I'd like to start it on the hose. I do not have access to the boat / remote so I'm looking for the best way to test it. I have the service manual and see where the starter relay is but seems like I would also need to supply 12v to the 'run' wire aka the wire that will shut it off. Please see attached .. I'm thinking the 'Ian switch 12V+ is what I'd need to feed 12V for it to run and maybe that engine stop wire is the lanyard?? Of course the large battery wires themselves will be connected on the engine directly. Any thoughts?? thanks

Attachments

• F25010pin.jpg
    F25010pin.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 0
  • f250..relay.jpg
    f250..relay.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 0
In the main engine ten pin harness connector, jumper the red wire terminal to the yellow wire terminal. This will simulate key on.

Then jumper the red wire terminal to the brown wire terminal. This will engage the starter motor. When the motor starts, disconnect the jumper wire from the red wire terminal to the brown wire terminal.

To stop the motor, jumper the black wire terminal to the white wire terminal. When the motor has stopped disconnect the black wire terminal to white wire terminal jumper and the red wire terminal to yellow wire terminal jumper.

In the main engine ten pin harness connector, jumper the red wire terminal to the yellow wire terminal. This will simulate key on.

Then jumper the red wire terminal to the brown wire terminal. This will engage the starter motor. When the motor starts, disconnect the jumper wire from the red wire terminal to the brown wire terminal.

To stop the motor, jumper the black wire terminal to the white wire terminal. When the motor has stopped disconnect the black wire terminal to white wire terminal jumper and the red wire terminal to yellow wire terminal jumper.
Thank you. I would have thought disconnecting the yellow wire would kill the engine but I guess not. I found a used 10 pin harness on eBay so I'm gonna hook up an ignition switch so I don't have to try and use little jumpers to the terminals.

If it makes you more comfortable the jumpering can be done on the motor itself. Red to yellow for ignition on. Red to brown to engage the starter motor. Black to white to stop the motor.

Back