Logo

Starboard on my 97 454 Boggs down exactly at 1900 rpm when underway .

Big June

She otherwise runs perfect, but as soon as she throttles up to 1900 she falls flat on her face . I’ve done the basics clean and filter replacements . Also did the external gas supply and part swamp map sensor ect . Issues pointing to wire harness and oil sensors and inconsistencies in firing conditions as a result of possible faulty fuel regulating issues are above my pay grade . I just need help ..

another guideline - post about a given issue in only one forum...

As noted in the other thread, more details as input will increase the likelihood of a higher quality outcome...the tidbits you added this time suggest you have an MEFI controller...which suggests an injection system and the ECU controlled timing approach.

I'd say the first step is check for trouble codes and then to verify spec fuel pressure...

She otherwise runs perfect, but as soon as she throttles up to 1900 she falls flat on her face . I’ve done the basics clean and filter replacements . Also did the external gas supply and part swamp map sensor ect . Issues pointing to wire harness and oil sensors and inconsistencies in firing conditions as a result of possible faulty fuel regulating issues are above my pay grade . I just need help ..

I'm chasing the same damn problem. Runs perfect right up to 1,900, then shits the bed. There is a safety mechanism that I am told limits the fuel pump (some say that it limits the injector impedance) that comes on right at 2k. I believe that's my/our issue, but I'm not sure how to bypass it.

I don't know if its a knock sensor, or the oil pressure sensor causing the theorized "safe mode" (fwiw, my engine is throwing no codes a all, perfect compression, and seems to be getting proper fuel psi)...

I bought MEFI Burn, which is supposed to be able to shut off "safe mode" and/or its related counter-measures.

I plan on trying to run a hot directly to the fuel pump first, and seeing what that does. If that doesn't correct the issue, looking at the tune on MEFI Burn.

Back