Logo

Stabil/Sea Foam and old fuel in 2002 Yamaha 115 4 stroke

Over bored

Oops. I just read a thread where docksidemarine posted emphatically not to put fuel stabilizer in this engine's fuel. Problem is, I've already put it in my tank. :(
But that's not the main question. I have not run this boat for 3 years, but I have, every few months, raised and lowered the engine with the tilt, and hit the starter button a few times to turn the engine over but not enough to let it run.
The fuel doesn't smell bad, but I don't want to create carb issues by running it if I should remove and replace the fuel.
Anything I need to do before putting it the water? It ran very well last time I took it out, and only has about 20-30 hours on it.
And, how do y'all keep fuel from fouling if you don't put some stabil or similiar product in the fuel for storage?
Thanks.

Oops. I just read a thread where docksidemarine posted emphatically not to put fuel stabilizer in this engine's fuel. Problem is, I've already put it in my tank. :(
But that's not the main question. I have not run this boat for 3 years, but I have, every few months, raised and lowered the engine with the tilt, and hit the starter button a few times to turn the engine over but not enough to let it run.
The fuel doesn't smell bad, but I don't want to create carb issues by running it if I should remove and replace the fuel.
Anything I need to do before putting it the water? It ran very well last time I took it out, and only has about 20-30 hours on it.
And, how do y'all keep fuel from fouling if you don't put some stabil or similiar product in the fuel for storage?
Thanks.

I have a 2002 115 4 stroke and have always run seafoam and stabil without problems. You do not have carbs that motor is fuel injected.

i use the old gas in a couple riding lawn mowers..one here at home and one at camp...i have a generator i use when hurricanes knock out the power... several years ago i got stuck with several 5 gal cans of gas when power came back on and i had just refilled all of them....it was 10% ethanol gas..untreated..some of it was 2 years old when i used it in the mowers....there is no gas cutoff on either mower but its not needed as down here we run lawnmowers year round..even in winter we have to run them once a month to just neaten up...having said that there is no way i would run old gas in the outboard....but i run the boat enough that there is no problem there..

Back