Logo

Spark plugs

spicerak

Contributing Member
the other day i pulled my plug

the other day i pulled my plugs and one looked like it had a white build up on it.i changed all the plugs and it runs great checked compression all were about the same.what do u think the white build up is?

i would think it was running l

i would think it was running lean if your plugs are white on a 2-stroke.

probably has to do with your carb issues in your other thread.

Glen is the build up on the pl

Glen is the build up on the plugs hard carbon deposits or is soft and mushy...Water into the combustion chambers will cause the carbon to look white and milky in apperance

well when its still warm its k

well when its still warm its kinda mushy but when it drys its like a hard carbon thing.i took the plug up to a advance auto and this guy said it was like to much oil.not sure what it is.if i change them plugs every couple of months the boat runs great.but after a while that plug starts to fail.what u think i should do

"Ql77jc4 is,...suppressor....,

"Ql77jc4 is,...suppressor....,forget the 40 gap,..factory chg it....030 is correct.,false warning signals,RF interferance is the reason for suppressor."

"On the subject of plugs, what

"On the subject of plugs, what is the ideal color or look of the plug on an engine that is running correctly. Not lean, not rich...
Best color?

Thanks"

"light brown on a new plug,but

"light brown on a new plug,but u r gonna get burnt oil residue build up,and blackish appearance over time which is normal on an oil burning engine.."

Back