Logo

Spark Plug Wires J225 87

mokaction

Regular Contributor
"Well did a ohm test to the co

"Well did a ohm test to the coils and spark plug wires.

All coils ohm to spec, but as for the spark plug wires.

I get 5 wires with 520 ohms. And 1 with 980 ohms? Dues this really matter with spark plug wires?

Also if you can explain why? I would like to know alittle more about this subject.

Thanks in advance,

Larry"

"Those wires, if original, sho

"Those wires, if original, should read next to 0 Ohm! What kind of wires do You have?"

"Get the original ones, and us

"Get the original ones, and use Champion QL77JC4 plugs! By changing 'links' in the ignition system You run risk of killing Your power pack!"

"Morten,

Great, but I bough

"Morten,

Great, but I bought these wires form marineengine.com.. I these are the one they told me work with my motor. So is marineengine.com wrong??

Larry"

"ohms will go up in the length

"ohms will go up in the length Larry

sounds like a bad wire

another way u can check for a breakdown, is get a test light, connected to ground and run it up and down Ur wires while the motor is running
if u see sparks u got bad wires"

The 'engineers' at OMC

The 'engineers' at OMC specified '0 Ohms' wires at Your engine. To my experience 'playing' with resistance in plugs and wires on theese engines (all with CD2 and black plug wires) may encrease the risk of seriously dammage Your power pack(s) by 'jumping sparks' due to encreased voltage.

"Larry,

Those wires from Si

"Larry,

Those wires from Sierra are supposed to be the direct replacement for OEM part 582365 for 225HP 1987 Johnson/Evinrude.

Sierra has some details here but does not mention the readings. You could call Sierra's tech support line at 217-324-9428 and discuss it with them."

"Andrew,

Call Sierra, looks

"Andrew,

Call Sierra, looks like I have 1 bad wire. Looks like I will be sending you one wire for a exchange. As you know I purchase parts for you guys at marineengine.com ;)

Great please to buy parts.

Larry"

"Larry,

I'm glad you sp

"Larry,

I'm glad you spoke with them. We will send a Return Authorization number and instructions to your email address. You probably won't get it until tomorrow morning.

Thanks."

"Andrew,

Thanks for the gre

"Andrew,

Thanks for the great service and responce back for you guys there at marineengine.com

Larry"

"Larry,

We are just going t

"Larry,

We are just going to send a replacement wire to you at no charge. No need to send the old one back, just discard it.

You will get an email tonight with the UPS tracking number.

Thanks.
Andrew"

Back