Logo

Spark Plug Removal Mercruiser 3.0

98SeaRay

I've been reading around and found that a lot of people have been grinding down their socket heads to fit that allow spark plug removal on the mercruiser 3.0....anything I can buy that can fix this problem? don't really have the tools to grind down my socket set......what have you guys done to fix this problem?

Neither have I but never removed plugs from a 3.0L. There are thinwall sockets for spark plugs if needed.

I've been reading around and found that a lot of people have been grinding down their socket heads to fit that allow spark plug removal on the mercruiser 3.0....anything I can buy that can fix this problem? don't really have the tools to grind down my socket set......what have you guys done to fix this problem?

Ayuh,... Donno what yer startin' with, but I've never had a problem on the 3.0l motors...

Old V8s, with log manifolds is where I've had a few Issues...

I use plain ole standard Craftsman spark plug sockets..

I was surprised I couldn't get them out, always been so easy on the outboards I had before but I'm thinking maybe my top manifold is not OEM....anywhoo thank you guyjg I got them out now and thank god cause there was some good build up on those bad boys....but thanks to all you guys, first forum I've been a apart of that I always get professional and quick responses!

Might even be an old Atomic 4 ,we dont know. header says 3.0
Damm, ginving my age away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back