Logo

Spark Plug Help

"Well the last time I posted i

"Well the last time I posted it was a water pump problem,I'm happy to report that I decided to give it one more try before tearing into the cylinder head.I clamped on the dog ears real tight to make a better seal and fired the motor up and the water started to pump out in a good steady flow.I was so happy because I didn't even want to tear into the cylinder head again.So I decided I take her out for a Saturday all night fishing trip, ran good,but needed to have throttle linkage adjustments and engine synchronized to get wide open throttle.I also caught a 53 inch Sturgeon so it was a good trip in all.Well I did the engine synchronization and throttle adjustments and took the motor out for a test run.I was flying across the water,like the good old days of the past,this went on for 15 or 20 minutes then the motor lost power all of a sudden, so I threw out the anchor to keep as close to the boat ramp as possiable because the tide was ripping out to the bay.I removed engine cover and noticed the spark plug from the top cylinder had blown out,so I screwed it back in.The spark plug didn't seat good and tight so I removed the spark plug and applied a small piece of duct tape around it's threads and screwed it back in. It was tighter but it was just a temporary emergency repair to get me back to the boat ramp.I started the engine and cruised back to the boat ramp.What are my options for fixing a loose(won't zinch down} spark plug???Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated The Sturgeon General."

Install a 14mm stainless steel

Install a 14mm stainless steel heli coil to restore the threads to original condition. The kit would be available at most automotive or hardware stores.

Back