Logo

something got HOT!

BrownDA

Hey Guys,
I have a hand controlled 45 Endura Max. While bowfishing the other night, the positive connection got loose. I pushed the motor on high for a long while and noticed that it lost significant power. The wires were too hot to handle for a while. The trolling motor still spins the prop, but with very little power. Everything in the head looks good (no melted wires) The foot seems to squeak a little when I turn it off. I haven't gone into the foot yet... Do you think I just need to replace the brushes? Has anyone seen this happen before? What was most likely damaged?

Thank you,

David

Hey Guys,
I have a hand controlled 45 Endura Max. While bowfishing the other night, the positive connection got loose. I pushed the motor on high for a long while and noticed that it lost significant power. The wires were too hot to handle for a while. The trolling motor still spins the prop, but with very little power. Everything in the head looks good (no melted wires) The foot seems to squeak a little when I turn it off. I haven't gone into the foot yet... Do you think I just need to replace the brushes? Has anyone seen this happen before? What was most likely damaged?

Thank you,

David
I know the battery is fully charged... its just that while the power wires were not making solid connection, something got damaged (hot).

Back