Logo

Sierra fuel pump compatibility

shinola

Contributing Member
Local shop pointed me to Sierra 18-7350 as an alternate part to 388685 which is the specified fuel pump on this site for the QD-21. Looking at the Sierra catalog, it appears that this is the only "square" pump available. My question is, does this also cross to other small Evinrude/Johnson pumps such as the pump# 388833? If so, does this pump replace any small Johnson/Evinrude pump of the same shape?

Those wee square pumps are operated by crankcase + pressure pulses.----Will fit up to 25 HP models.----I would not be buying any pump.-----I would repair the pump on that motor.-----Yes , I would cut a new diaphragm from another model pump.-----No big deal here on my work bench.

This is a conversion from pressure tank, so I don't have a pump to repair. It's a QD-17 (1956 Johnson 10) and clearance under the hood is tight. The Sierra pump is thicker due to the size of the base plate. If I can find a used one on ebay or local for repair, are they all interchangeable??

These pumps are operated by a pressure pulse.----Many will fit and work just fine.----Your local boat shop should have a bunch around.----Or walk over and get one here , lots in boxes / on parts motors here.

Back