Logo

Sherwood water pumps

doubleg

"the E-35 sherwood water pump

"the E-35 sherwood water pump i have on my 350 crusader is leaking from the shaft. my question is, is it possible to completley rebuild the pump to include shaft,seals,and all internal parts or does the whole thing need replacing? if it is rebuildable any suggestions on where to find COMPLETE rebuild kits? thanks for any help"

"The minor rebuild kit comes w

"The minor rebuild kit comes with the new seal, impellor, and gasket. The major kit adds the cam, cover bushing, and front ball bearing. The major rebuild will require a puller for the hub and a press. Just a seal swap will not involve special tools, except for retaining ring pliers. I just did a major rebuild on both mine in the last month. The major kit sells for ~ $115, if you shop around you can do slightly better. The new pump is from $250 to 300. Over the years, i've been neglecting the condition of both the cover and the cam, I've got it pretty much figured out now."

"Here is the major kit. I did

"Here is the major kit. I did it without a press, but wish I'd had one. The puller is a must have though. A decent shop vise helps also.
296203.jpg
Major Kit

"If you don't mind, how mu

"If you don't mind, how much did you pay for that kit, Joel, and where did you buy it?

Thanks,

Jeff"

Back