Logo

Seawater thru carb AQ125B

lawman

"I see someone else had this i

"I see someone else had this issue recently
rain.gif

One of my AQ125B's stopped running while idling. I checked spark, fuel all was as it should be. So I cranked for about 20seconds and Seawater spewed from my carb. Tuned out my timing belt had jumped. After blowing the water out, wd40, ATF, and changing the timing belt It will not start. The compression which used to be about 150 accross the board is now 140, 90,90, 140. Would this mean that some sediment is still in the valves, thus not seating, or would as my mechanic suggested, not worth spending anymore time and money on?

I've just spent $20,000 on new transom and engine mounts - so I'm kinda into this boat, if you know what I mean."

"Lawrence...depends on WHY you

"Lawrence...depends on WHY you are only getting 90 in two cylinders. If they are side by side then you probably (hopefully) blew the head gasket when it hydrostatic locked. Put a spark plug back in one of the 90 cylinders and now check comp on the adjacent 90 cylinder...if the reading goes up,even a little,pull the head and check the gasket. The aq125 is a "non-interferance" motor so bent valves etc from the time belt jumping is not an issue. All this assumes, of course, that the crank,cam and counter shaft were timed properly when the new belt was installed.Let me know what you find out.Joe"

Back