Sea King 6 HP Parts availability

B

Bob Winkler

I need to buy some parts to f

I need to buy some parts to fix an old

SEA KING 6 HP
Model VWB29906a 96x
S/N 11622

What I need is a gasket kit at least one set of piston rings and an impeller.
I do not know the true age of this motor but it has to have been made in the late 60's.

Do I have any chance of finding these parts or is this now a box motor

"Bob,

Are you sure you are

"Bob,

Are you sure you are reading that model number correctly...? There is a 6HP model: VWB27906 from 1968.

We have parts manuals for most of those Sea King motors, and the Service manuals were supplied as the equivelant year and HP as a Chrysler manual.

I can't answer your question about parts... maybe someone else can. Those are basically Chrysler outboards, but a quick check for parts from some of the aftermarket mfgs indicates that the lowest HP they supply Chrysler parts for is the 9.9HP !

Regards,
Andrew
MarineEngine.com"

" No, the s/n is correct, I wa

" No, the s/n is correct, I was recently told it was a 1969 motor. I see there are some "68" mold marks on the power head casing so it could be either year. What would a service manual cost covering this motor. "

"Bob,

The service manual wo

"Bob,

The service manual would be the Chrysler Outboard Service manual for 6 thru 8HP, 1965 to 1978. It is $35 and can be ordered from the following page. Just enter your Sea King info into the form.

Regards,
Andrew"

I have a 1970 Chrysler 55hp e

I have a 1970 Chrysler 55hp electric start Mdl # 554 HF. I need a new or used coil. The one that goes under the flywheel not the ones on the side.
The part # is 12057 and the old sierra number is 18-5190. Can anybody tell me where to order one?

Back