Logo

Same problem Please help

steve

Contributing Member
I have had the same problem f

I have had the same problem for months. This is a 5.7 volvo motor that starts up fine when cold runs great for awile then starts like chugging like it is running out of gas and then dies. Then it starts right up and continues to die. If I let it sits for a while it starts all over. I put a brand new carb on it plus wires plugs and cap and rotor. Is there something I am missing here?

"Steve.... Check for a fuel re

"Steve.... Check for a fuel restriction between the fuel pump and the fuel supply. If an anti siphon valve exists (which could be sticking), it would be right at the fuel tank pickup area. You might also have a clogged, restricted air vent. Either scenario would allow the engine to run for a short time as it builds up the resistance which would starve the engine of fuel.

Another thought.... if you're incorporating a fuel/water seperator, check that item thoroughly. Usually if that item's clogged (or loaded with water) the problem rises almost immediately, but it's worth looking at.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

" check your fuel filter, the

" check your fuel filter, the one in the carburator. it sound like you are running out of fuel "

Back