Logo

RPM Higher on port engine at idle/neutral than starboard

rsmmax

Verado 250's 2006 My port engine started idling at 1050 rpm at idle /neutral which is 200 rpm over spec and what the starboard engine runs at idle/neutral which is 850 rpm

Any instructions/comments on diagnosing various elements of the system to identify the cause without taking to dealer to plug in the diagnostic system?

Side note, these engines have "auto-sync" at +900 RPM and when in gear and above 900 rpm up to WOT the engines will sync and run the same rpm..so Im assuming the engine sync system/sensor is working correctly. Also no alarms or alerts come up on the gauges (all 52 engine sensor readings activated) to indicate a engine problem.

Thoughts?

Possible air leak at intake or tps out of adjustment or out of range. Or IAC out of range. Did you visually inspect throttle rods to see if something is jammed?

Possible air leak at intake or tps out of adjustment or out of range. Or IAC out of range. Did you visually inspect throttle rods to see if something is jammed?

This is a Verado Outboard. None of what you suggested applies.

This engine is DTS and you will need to take it to the dealer. There is nothing you can do.

My money is on a bad engine harness.

This is a Verado Outboard. None of what you suggested applies.

This engine is DTS and you will need to take it to the dealer.

Last time I saw an issue like this, I had to change the engine harness.

BTW, Grab a hold of the throttle plate while the engine is running, pull up on it and see if the rpm drop. The rubber isolater between the throttle plate and the intake on some of the early Verados would de-laminate and cause a higher idle rpm.

Thanks to both replies. I will check for air leaks before taking to dealer. Have good diagram of all air intake hoses, couplings in system

Back