Logo

Riva Marine 210hp Crusader V8

danstap84

I recently purchased a Riva 20 Bertram (1971) equipped with it's original Riva Marine Model 210 engine made by Crusader. I'm not with the boat at present but wanting to understand if any workshop manuals and/or parts lists still exist for it or, failing that, whether there is a comparable pure Crusader model/type I could base my search upon. I've already emailed Crusader and they said no to any documents.

In the first instance I need to replace the external housing bolted through the transom onto the bellhousing upon which you clamp the bellows. Apologies, I don't know the precise name for this part but essentially the "lip" which forms the seal with the bellows has corroded and gradually tearing it with the movement of the engine.

Any guidance or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

*movement of the sterndrive.

To add, the boat features a Volvo Penta AQ250 sterndrive (also original) but I've already ruled out this particular part being of Volvo origin. Image enclosed.

1.jpeg

Ayuh,..... The transom assembly is apart of the drive, all the way to the motor block's flange,....
So,.... That Is a Volvo part,....
I thought the same but from looking online all the VP bellhousings / flywheel housings from this era (and certainly when searching for AQ200 series parts) appear to be one piece whereas on my boats setup this external section is bolted on separately. Here's the view from inside.

IMG-20230512-WA0002.jpg

I'd agree that you'd be better off posting in the Volvo Stern Drive Section.

From what I could find, you have a very limited run of a production hull that went thru a set of custom modifications by another builder....and its 50 years old. given the ownership changes since yours was built, I'd suspect most of the details, in the engineering department, have long since disappeared.

I'd agree that you'd be better off posting in the Volvo Stern Drive Section.

From what I could find, you have a very limited run of a production hull that went thru a set of custom modifications by another builder....and its 50 years old. given the ownership changes since yours was built, I'd suspect most of the details, in the engineering department, have long since disappeared.
Appreciate the suggestion - I'll try the other forum

Back