Logo

Rich mixture and Fuel leaking from carb 60Hp Mercury 1997

enzoNC

Hello, i have a problem with my 1997 mercury outboard 60 hp 3 cycl. My spark are verry wet and my carb leak fuel. i have check fuel pump (OK), carb float ( Ok ). The fuel is leak from the carb butterfly. Anyone has already have the same problem?

My spark are verry wet and my carb leak fuel.
I assume you mean the spark is weak. Check the grounds under the coils. You want to see/hear blue loud snapping spark that jumps 7/16" gap. Buy or make a spark tester and test all plug wires at the same time to compare them.
The fuel is leak from the carb butterfly.
Verify the float level is correct and the needle valve is sealing the fuel supply opening.

I assume you mean the spark is weak. Check the grounds under the coils. You want to see/hear blue loud snapping spark that jumps 7/16" gap. Buy or make a spark tester and test all plug wires at the same time to compare them. Verify the float level is correct and the needle valve is sealing the fuel supply opening.
Thank for your reply, my spark work good, but the mixture is too rich, and when I turn the mixture screw, it's already reach, i check with colortune. the needle valve is good and i don't know if the level of the float is good? i have make a photo P08-05-13_13.36.jpgP08-05-13_13.36[01].jpg

Did you take it apart and look for a torn diaphragm? The pump will flood the engine if the diaphragm is torn.
The two diaphragm of the fuel pump ar good, no scratch, no hole, no torn. Do you thinks the problem can from the primer valve (choke)?

Does the valve click when the switch is operated?
I heard a click when the choke is opérated. Today i have check my carb after 4 day, all carb have little fuel leack, may be the fuel is from after the butterfly because before the butterfly it's wet, is it possible??P16-05-13_14.01AA.jpg

Back