Logo

Repowering

NYBobby

Hello, I was looking to repower my 95 Ranger 488vs. Right now it has a 150 horse 96 150 EFI XRI. That motor weighs around 407 lbs. It is rated for a 200 horse motor. Wanted to see if anyone could help me with options. I have (according to the mechanic a bad oil sensor that you can’t get anymore) setting off my alarm. When the boat plains out it quits sounding but as soon as I slow down it comes back. He suggested bypassing it and just checking the oil container. I can only imagine parts will be harder to get later. He also said it has 2 sensors but I am not sure. Don’t really want to mix oil in gas tanks. Thanks for any help!!

Just looked up what he called the oil sensor and it is actually a water sensor and it has a little red light on it. I do know until I put the motor in gear it will not pump any water. He put in a new temp sensor he said. He is a merc dealer but it took him 3 months to fix it. Should have read his reviews before hand and I would have seen he has done this to others before, but he was the only place around that could read my motor cpu. The alarm starts as soon as I start the motor.

Back