Logo

Replacing risers - 350EFI

geekeasy

I got both of my engines running. The next step is make sure they're running well, starting with replacing the risers, and I could use some advice:

1) The parts manual lists a bunch of part numbers. How can I make sure I get the right one?

2) There's no outward damage to the manifold, but should I replace it at the same time?

3) Any suggestions where to buy the parts?

4) And.... I'm new to these big engines. Any tips for removing and reinstalling the giant exhaust hose?

Thanks for any help!

PXL_20231004_230721139.jpg

1) The parts manual lists a bunch of part numbers. How can I make sure I get the right one?

2) There's no outward damage to the manifold, but should I replace it at the same time?

3) Any suggestions where to buy the parts?

4) And.... I'm new to these big engines. Any tips for removing and reinstalling the giant exhaust hose?
Get you model and serial numbers and figure out exactly what you have, then ID the part numbers that match.

From the picture, the exhaust manifolds are in the fresh water cooling loop and should last a long time...the gasket surface on top needs to be check to ensure it is solid and flat. drain some coolant before removing the risers to minimize loosing antifreeze...and the gaskets should have a 'block off' plate to separate the raw water from the coolant. a little anti-seize will help on the fasteners.

many parts can be obtained from our host - you can start with the link at the top "Boat Engine Parts". If you have to go aftermarket, avoid the chinese imported junk parts...

again, from the picture, I'd say that exhaust hose is due for replacement being as the outer jacket has multiple splits. If you choose to replace it, its usually easiest to split it axially, with a razor...it will likely has a couple of wire spirals that will require a pair of bull nose nippers or similar tool..
If the other hoses are serviceable, a cotter pin removal tool can help free them up combined with wd-40 to lube it up...

Back