Logo

Replacement motor

laddie

I am watching a couple of moto

I am watching a couple of motors on auction. One is an aq125 and the other is an aq171. They both look rather similar to my 151. What is the power of these motors and would they bolt right up to my 270 drive? Thanks. I am also considering removing my engine and adapting to outboard power. Any opinions on this?

"I believe the number after th

"I believe the number after the AQ is the horsepower, measured at the crank. So my AQ131, has 131 hp at the crank, but is only rated at 120 hp, which is the hp at the prop. Regarding your other question, don't know.

Have a great day,

Rob."

"The AQ171 is DOHC (dual o

"The AQ171 is DOHC (dual overhead cam) 16 valve head, rated 167 HP, and the AQ125B is rated 120HP at the flywheel.

Installing an outboard is a matter of preference: some people like them, others don't. It has some advantages (easier access for repairs, lighter than i/o) and some disadvantages (can be stolen more easily, more time to recover your investment)."

"I was contemplating removing

"I was contemplating removing my 18.5 Malibu's AQ151, covering the hole and having a pod added to the transom after it was modified. I was going to buy a 150hp 4-stroke Yammy. After all was said and done, it would have cost in the neighborhood of $25Gs. Lots of pluses in doing this but that is a hefty cost.

Tom"

"Some quick math for you, Tom:

"Some quick math for you, Tom: how much gas and beer can you buy with those 25 grand???
biggrin.gif
"

Back