Logo

replacement for quicksilver controls on 1986 sea ray sundancer 268. mercruiser 5.7 l

glenn_1

Hi Guys, I am looking for a little help. I was out on the water last night and my long shift cable broke about 8 inches from the controls. I took the controls apart and the splines look worn also so I have decided to change the complete control unit. It is a quicksilver control unit with my trim button built in to the top of the handle. The controls have been getting stiff, which I guess was the cable chafing inside the casing. The cable broke right at the bend where it leaves my controls and goes aft to the engine. The cable is a simple fix but i am wondering what a good replacement would be for this quicksilver unit. There is a unit made by TELEFLEX , CH7600, but I am unsure if I can use it with my merc cables. Does anybody have any ideas or info that could help me out.It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys, I am looking for a little help. I was out on the water last night and my long shift cable broke about 8 inches from the controls. I took the controls apart and the splines look worn also so I have decided to change the complete control unit. It is a quicksilver control unit with my trim button built in to the top of the handle. The controls have been getting stiff, which I guess was the cable chafing inside the casing. The cable broke right at the bend where it leaves my controls and goes aft to the engine. The cable is a simple fix but i am wondering what a good replacement would be for this quicksilver unit. There is a unit made by TELEFLEX , CH7600, but I am unsure if I can use it with my merc cables. Does anybody have any ideas or info that could help me out.It would be greatly appreciated.

Ayuh,... Controllers are somewhat universal, 'n you can pretty much pick whichever 1 ya want, 'n bolt it up...

Thanks guys, I am going with the teleflex CH 7600. I ordered it today and a new cable. hopefully back on the water tomorrow. Thanks again Bt Doctor and Bondo. you guya are great....
Happy Boating

Glenn

Back