Logo

Regulatorrectifier

greensnake2

"Hello, was wondering if anyon

"Hello, was wondering if anyone out there could tell me if there is any way to check the reg/rectifier on a 93 90hp mercury. would appreciate any help. thanks much"

"Carlos,

Check the A/C outp

"Carlos,

Check the A/C output from the stator yellow wires. If you get good voltage here and the battery is not charging at least 13.5 volts the regulator is probably bad. Resistance checks are usually not very reliable.

Tony"

"Hey Tony, thanks for the out

"Hey Tony, thanks for the output.just bought the boat and when i go to hook up the battery i have sparks coming off the terminals. didn,t know if this was normal or not. when i take the red wires loose on the regulator there is no sparks. also noticed the tach is not working.someone said this is an indication the regulator is bad. thanks very much"

"Sounds like a shorted rectifi

"Sounds like a shorted rectifier. BTW, never disconnect battery or any other wires while the motor is running. You will blow the rectifier in a heartbeat."

"Hello, I have a 90 hp mercury

"Hello, I have a 90 hp mercury with serial # OD2058493. was wondering if someone out there could tell me what year it is. thank you"

Back