Logo

Rebuilt both carbs question on Cliffbs included parts

bobct

Advanced Contributor
"I got both done, might send t

"I got both done, might send them out to Cliff to bench test just in case I did something horribly wrong.

There were some extra parts in each kit, just wondering if/where you guys used them:

- approx 2" thin round paper gasket

- small white plastic parts, I think they're
used for built in electric chokes.

- two small/black rubber o-rings with a lip
(small, maybe 1/2"). Looks like the press onto
something.

- 1" clear plastic ring/washer

I didn't replace the idle air tubes as I could see right through them. I also left the secondary shaft intact. The plastic cam looked fine.

I did re-bush the linkage. Very easy and definitely eliminates the play. Mark, thanks for suggesting I do this.

Bob

BTW - I received two kits and never opened the 2nd bag thinking it was the same. It had the instructions, ruler and specs. "

"Bob:

A picture or two woul

"Bob:

A picture or two would help a bunch. Most of your description could be electric or hot air choke pieces.

The bushing update is a no brainer - any aluminum bearing surface will wear.

The idle tubes aren't for air tubes, they are the initial metering point for the idle curcuit. You don't have to change them if yoou are happy with the idle quality. Did you measure the old and the new to see if Cliff recommended an 'upgrade'?

So you left the air valve in place? As long as the cam doesn't have any wear, you should be ok."

Back