Logo

Raw water pump sealing ring aq125a

jcampbell

Regular Contributor
"I got my sealing ring in for

"I got my sealing ring in for the raw water pump finally, after getting a box with nothing in it.

What direction does the ring go into the pump housing? Am i supposed to see the spring when looking at the back of the pump? or the wording on the ring at the back of the pump?

My old one was so cororded and rotted out it came out in 3 different pieces; and it also took the center metal piece from the coupler that rides on the engine timing gear so i bought a new one and the pipe gaskets were rotted dont think this pump was off for a very long time.

The engine is an aq125a approx 1984 vintage."

"Thanks El

Getting the pump

"Thanks El

Getting the pump buttoned back up.

I tried for the heck of it and couldnt get the copper bushings out. i even had a hard enough time getting the center peice of the coupler off the impellor shaft. And of course i ruined the two screws getting the copper pipe off, so i replaced them with some zinc bolts for now till i can get to the bolt specialty store and get the stainless steel bolts. They arent gonna cause any issues using non stainless on a copper pump?

Shooting for going boating this weekend"

"Got the pump put back togethe

"Got the pump put back together and success it doesnt leak.

It took a bit to fire up the engine, didnt want to go at first, it was weird it didnt exactly backfire more it shot a puff of air out the carb spraying gas with it. After it did that a couple it fired and ran, the boat sat for about 3-4 weeks without being ran. So i dunno if it was flooded or what. May have to make sure the carb isnt leaking fuel into the intake, no gas in oil tho didnt pull a plug yet to see if it was fouled or not. I dunno what do you guys think?

It sounded great once it got going i know these are cold blooded engines.."

Back