Logo

QUESTION FOR JOE

rob

Hiya Joe....Just wanted to th

Hiya Joe....Just wanted to thank you for all your help in the past...I have enjoyed 2 years of trouble free boating because of your help.

One question....I have a Johnson 70 hp....70ESL75 to be exact...I was wondering if you can lubricate the steering system on this ...the engine is attached to an older Glastron trihull..I believe it is a mechanical push pull system.....can i just put some marine lube on the shaft of the steering system...it feels kind of dry..and when i turn the wheel to one side ..i hear like a slight sound like it might need lube..wasn't sure...thanks for any info you can share with me.

Rob

"Rob.... Yes, you can grease t

"Rob.... Yes, you can grease that steering rod, and it's a good idea to do so often. With the rod extended all the way out, clean it with WD40 or some solution of your choice, then use a anti corrosive type grease. If it's possible to remove the steering rod from the engine steering tube, do so, then clean everything, including the interior of the steering tube before applying the grease.

Joe
"

I have a 1995 MacGregor 26 sa

I have a 1995 MacGregor 26 sailboat with a 8 HP long shaft Nissan 2 stroke engine. The boat is under powered and I have difficulty manuvering at slow speed (i.e. in the Marina). Not enough power against a wind.

Can I change the prop to increase thrust ?

What would be the correct Oil/Gas Mix ?

Back