Logo

question for joe reeves 6 hp 1979

jerry101

Contributing Member
joe i'm almost done rebuilding my evinrude 6 hp 1979 model 6905e, the question i have is there anywhere i can locate a pictur of this motor on how its suppose to look like when finished ? i just want to make sure everything like wires and componants are where they should be....thanks jerry d.

Re: question for joe reeves

while i'm rebuilding i have the pull cord assembly off of its frame and was wondering is it easier to change cord while off of frame or should i re-install the old re-coil to frame first and then change...........thanks joe:)

Re: question for joe reeves

(Manual Starter Cord Installation)
(This pertains to the vertical type of Manual Starters such as the 9.5hp and later 4.5/6/8hp models etc)
(J. Reeves)

1 - Have a pair of vice grips handy set so that they will grab the top of the starter spindle tightly but will not damage it.

2 - Using a large screwdriver inserted into the top of the starter spindle, wind the starter in a counter clockwise direction 12 to 14 turns, stopping so that the cord locking slot is facing the away from the engine.

3 - Lock the spindle in that position with the vice grips, letting the vice grips lay against the flywheel.

4 - Insert the cord as needed and make sure it is retained properly at that slot.

5 - Feed the cord out the starter cord hole at the front of the engine and attach the handle.

6 - Grip the cord tightly so that the spindle cannot spin around rapidly, then release the vice grips.

7 - Allow the cord to be withdrawn slowly around the spindle.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store

Back