Logo

Proper Prop

GTJOHN

Question: 2013 Ranger Comanche Z520 dual console Bass boat, 8" Atlas hyd jackplate, dual 8' Blade Powerpole anchors with original long arm mount brkts, Evinrude Etec 250 H.O. 4 x 31 series AGM Duracell batteries. When new someone put a Mercury Fury 3 blade prop on it. Not sure if the factory ordered prop was taken because it was better or who ever took it decided the Mercury Fury was better. The boat came from the Dealer advertised as new. I've had it all these years. It's well taken care of and obviously enjoyed. The boat supposedly was in an All American and in shows. I love the boat even though I feel I was duped by the dealer...I worked with the MFR. to put everything MFR correct. BUT the prop, which nobody could give me a straight answer what prop!

Motors do not come from factory with a prop. The rigging dealer should have installed the best performing prop no matter if a OEM or aftermarket one. When I worked at HydraSport dealership years ago the aftermarket Turbo worked best on our set-ups

Back