Logo

Prop

bill

What is the recommended prop

What is the recommended prop for an AQ125A? General use - some skiing - mostly just running to fish.

" How long is your boat, weigh

" How long is your boat, weight? Is that a 2.15:1 ratio drive? "

It's a 1984 Bayliner Cudd

It's a 1984 Bayliner Cuddy Cabin - 20'9" - now the weight is a good question. I have no idea on the ratio drive - is there some place I can look for numbers on the engine?

Okay - here's the number

Okay - here's the number off the pro that came witht he boat "SMC345" Made by Michigan. Any help?

The drive has a tag on top ju

The drive has a tag on top just in front of the fill plug. What rpm at full throttle do you get?

The only tag I see on the out

The only tag I see on the outdrive has the following number:

PZ NR 27123183D

It's right in front of the filler plug as you said. Excuse me for being rather slow - this is my first experience with an I/O. Thanks

" The Michigan prop you have i

" The Michigan prop you have is about 15x17RH (Volvo #814616). This is about the right size for you boat. Since you dident state your full throttle RPM I cant give you a rec. on how to tune it. How ever if your RPM is in the correct range with this prop, and you want a little more top speed you can switch to a 14x19 and not affect the RPM. The boat will be a little slower to get out of the water, could affect your skiing.
A word of Caution, Do not over rev your 125, it will toss a rod. I've seen it many times! I have a 14x19 in stock (Volvo part# 814633) I can sell you for $130 NEW. ( List is $182.65) "

THoward - thanks for all the

THoward - thanks for all the info - i"ll get back to you in a couple of days - have to go out of town. I'll contact you when I return

Back