Logo

Prop RPM questions and an ugly pic

"Boooo.

Found a sandstone s

"Boooo.

Found a sandstone shelf 3'deep while in reverse this weekend.

282970.jpg
prop"">

So here are my questions: What is max RPM for an AQ131A/275 on an '83 Bayliner Capri (1600?) My manual has a typo I think and says 5500, which is the same as all the Force outboards offered in that year. Other Volvo 125s (?) in the manual showed a max RPM at 4800, and max cruise at 4500.

I was running 4900-5000 at WOT, solo, on a 14x17. The 14x21 that came with the boat was too much, and the 15x13 was definitely not enough. (or vice-versa)

I'm Ebaying to try and replace this thing. I know how to change from RH to LH rotation on the outdrive, but last time I tried a LH prop, i got some pull, even though I reversed the angle of the exhaust port/fin.

My boat came to me RH, and the prop I loved so much was RH. Is there really no difference in RH vs LH rotation, on a single engine boat, once I get the Exhaust port/fin thing adjusted properly?

Lastly, looking at my picture, this prop is un-fixable for less that $150 right?

Hope that wasn't too many questions for one post. Cheers!"

"Bob, I have 3 props from my B

"Bob, I have 3 props from my Bayliner AQ125B/270 that I don't use. I just got a new boat and I want to give the good people on this fourm any help that I can to return the favor of helping me out with my issues. One looks just like that one so I just went into the yard to get it. This prop is stamped 15X17 and has never been used. I think I have a 14X17 and 14X19 also. E-mail me if you think you could use them. We need to figure out what hub you have also. [email protected]"

Back