Logo

Prop hub

BubbaC

I have a 1997 Johnson V6 Ocean Runner. (J150exeuc) Has a Michigan Wheel Rapture 14 25 R19 propeller (013066). I believe I slightly spun the prop hub. Rubber not totally ruptured but the spline is not center of the hub and causes a little wobble in the prop. Shaft is straight, check with dial indicator. My problem is I can not seem to find a replacement hub for this prop. Is there a replacement or do I need to buy a new prop?

Prop shops used to be abundant.-----Amazon prop prices have cut into the profits.----They have closed up.-----But talk to your local boat shop and see who they send the work to.-----Somebody has replacement hub and the tools to install them.-----I know of a shop that no longer promotes prop repairs.----Just does them for regular customers and " high end " props.

Prop shops used to be abundant.-----Amazon prop prices have cut into the profits.----They have closed up.-----But talk to your local boat shop and see who they send the work to.-----Somebody has replacement hub and the tools to install them.-----I know of a shop that no longer promotes prop repairs.----Just does them for regular customers and " high end " props.
Thanks for the input. I have the tools to put it in I am just having hard time finding new hub.

Back