Logo

Primer blub isn't tight

As the title suggested...I've changed the primer blub multiple times and finally change the entire fuel line from the gas tank to the engine. Still that didn't solve the issue. What else can it be....

The primer blub loses pressure and will not remain tight...I've had to pump the primer blub server time to get it tight but then I would have to re-pump the primer blub to kept it tight. It is affecting how I can idle the boat. Which would cause the NO OIL light to come on then shortly it shuts off the engine

The primer bulb is only a manual fuel pump and -------IT DOES NOT HAVE TO STAY HARD WHEN MOTOR IS RUNNING !------------------More details on your motor are needed ---------model # of your motor is ???????

I have a Johnson 175HP J175GLST....I would idle the boat for 20-30 yards and the NO OIL light comes on and shut off the engine...even if there is a half tank gas left....

Me I take those VRO pumps apart and repair them -----Everyone works to different standards !!!-------If you have lots of money and no time, a new oil injection pump is the best option.

Back