Logo

Powerpacks amplifiers coils can a coil work

R

richard mcclellan

" playing with old motors is a

" playing with old motors is a great hobbie- you get to problem solve many a problem - a new project of mine is a johnson 60 1970 3 cylinder- every solenoid has been checked , starter good ,ect - i'm down to the amplifier now - a new will cost me to much -around 200- i know its been done before so can a cheaper coil be used instead ? if so, does anyone know how to do the wiring? "

" Richard,

If the amplifier

" Richard,

If the amplifier is the problem, the best thing to do is replace it.

You could probably save some money if you buy an after market amplifier. Sierra #18-5749 can probably be had for about $150.

Tony "

" I have a '68 55 horse Ev

" I have a '68 55 horse Evinrude 3 cyl that had the coil conversion completed prior to my aquistition. The engine runs, but has been having charging problems. I checked the stator and it tested within specs, replaced the rectifier as it had failed the testing, but I am still having charging problems. I am wondering if it has something to do with the coil change over. I cannot trace it with a manual since it was a retrofit. Any clues in finding out how a coil conversion should be done would be a great help. or any other comments. Thanks "

Back