Logo

Power trim Problem

FishermenMike

I am currently having a couple problems with my power trim and am looking for some help.

I recently boat a used boat and when I got it the trim would not hold up, It would slowly trim down on its own. So I decided to take apart the single ram (Labeled 1-yellow in the picture attached) I took it apart and replaced the seals in it. I then put it back together and filled it with fluid. I was then reading how I need to slowly jog it down and then when trimming it up to just hold it until its all the way up. I the continued to do this until I no longer heard air or bubbling sounds, but the motor still slowly drops as seen in video (Problem A).

Also I have another problem that I haven’t seen before or know why its doing it but when I am trimming the motor there are bubbles pouring out of the trim motor (Labeled 2 –Red) in the picture. This can also be seen in the video.

If someone could please explain why my motor would still be slowing dropping after new seals and why these bubbles now would be coming out.

Back