Logo

Power problem

17arrowglassstinger

Contributing Member
my motor is idiling fine but w

my motor is idiling fine but when i go to get on a plane it wants to die like its starving for fuel but i had someone sit their and pump the bulb to see if it was going flat and it wasnt i got it up on a plane with starter fluid being sprayed into the carbs i was wondering if the carbs need cleaning and if that would fix my problem please any help will be much appreciated

"First of all please please pl

"First of all please please please and please <font color=""ff0000""> STOP spraying starter fluid, S/F will kill </font>
angry.gif
your motor (no lube), you will burn your pistons and ruin your cylinders, to test your fuel pump try pumping the bulb when the motor starts to bog down (starving for fuel) if continues to run and raises the RPMs you could have a bad fuel pump, but a carb re-build would not hurt either, also check your fuel lines you might have air being sucked in to your fuel system"

i pumped the bulb when it was

i pumped the bulb when it was running and it wouldnt go anywhere when i got on the gas in the water it would just die but when i do it on the trailer it revs up fine but when its in the water it wants to die when i try to power up

"double check your lines and r

"double check your lines and re-build your carbs, pumping the bulb is done when the boat is already in water and in forward gear and starts to die, or just get a fuel gauge and measure the pump's fuel pressure (put the gauge between the pump and the carbs) to be sure, but it sounds like air in the lines(sucking air) or either fuel pump or carb re-build"

Back