Logo

Please Help Identify Starter for my 115 EFI Mercury ETK Shows 2 parts number

Mz3bo

Hi,

These two starter are very different physically but I understand that maybe they are interchangeable. If Mercury Parts (official) shows two starter for my serial, does it both can work on my engine ? Please see pics for details. Starter XX25T05 requires two half round bracket that will secure over the rubber while starter XX0A85 replaces the two half circular bracket with direct 4 bolts with bushing.

Thanks
starter.JPGStarter 2.JPGStarter 1.JPG

Last edited:
Does one or the other match up with your engine number? There seems to be an engine number cutoff shown in the right column.

Hi, you are correct that it show a cutoff in the serial number. But the second starter (below) doest not mention any serial number. Does it mean it will work on the engine before and after the serial cutoff ?

Thanks

Sorry for the double post. It sort of means what it says, the first number will fit early engines up to *******803 and the second fits *******804 up to *******587. Where does your engine fall in the range?

Sorry for the double post. It sort of means what it says, the first number will fit early engines up to *******803 and the second fits *******804 up to *******587. Where does your engine fall in the range?

Hi, my serial is 1b586xxx so it fit the one that I circle in red. However, that red circle has 2 different starters that I posted pictures of. Now my initial question was: does it means both starters will work as they are quite different �� thanks

Ok, I think I see your problem, there are two starters listed and a repair kit not a third starter and likely since there are no notes that kit will fit either starter.

Back