Logo

Please help DT 55 lower unit

dstough9

"When dropping the lower unit

"When dropping the lower unit to change the impeller on my DT 55, i failed to disconnect the shift linkage. The lower unit was dangling from the shift rod, which in turn put the lower unit into gear. It will not come out of gear and the local Suz. shop told me he has to take apart the gear case. Any suggestions or help anyone could give me would be useful. I wish to not $75 per hour in order to be out on the water."

yep. so ie located a 1994 DT

yep. so ie located a 1994 DT 65HP lower unit complete for 200 bucks. Am i better off buying that lower unit IF its even compatible? Is it compatible?? The shop is 75 an hour plus whatever parts. How many hours wold it take the shop if you had to put a number on it?

for my 2 cents I would go with

for my 2 cents I would go with a repair and have what ever work needed done next time you float you will have confidence in that lower unit ( it sucks to walk back to the dock )

"if you can give me more detai

"if you can give me more details, more steps, then i might be able to take it apart and fix it myself. How about a complete process, step by step? If ya'll cant provide me with that then i doubt ill be able to fix it. Thanks"

"Below is a link to a manual [

"Below is a link to a manual

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/seloc/suzuki.html"

"the manual Im viewing doesnt

"the manual Im viewing doesnt tell me what pins are what. It only labels pins as pins, bolts as bolts, washers as washers, etc..
Im having trouble being able to tell where the ball pin shifter is.

Is it on the actual shift shaft where it mates to the prop? Im dying to get this boat on the water, HELP!"

"After i pull the gears, Will

"After i pull the gears, Will it be visibly obvious that the ball pin shifter is broken? Am i gonna have to get any parts? Or will i simply be able to put it back together? This is a morale kill."

"Mr Cliff Casavant,
I saw

"Mr Cliff Casavant,
I saw on another post, you have a complete DT140. Any chance you have a lower unit that could fit my DT55"

Back