Logo

PDS part #,s

samco4597

Hello all, <br>I just purchased a 1986 Sun Runner with an AQ151 paired with a 290 power trim (Not Running). Got it running and it has a harsh vibration so I took off the NEW bellows to find a gutted PDS, no bearing, seals or even a snap ring to be found, also found the flywheel housing trashed where the bellows clamps on. Can someone give me the bearing part number? I have been searching the net for it and have had no luck, even the V.P. site has an invalid # for it. I have found the seals and snap rings. I would also like to replace the Ujoints because they are a little loose (looks like after the catastrophic failure of the PDS someone just put a used PDS assembly in there and a new bellows to cover it up). I looked on the Seloc web site and cant find a manuel for my setup. I am new to outdrives so I am going to need some help/info on how this thing is supposed to go back together. Thanks for any help you may have to offer!<br><br>Kindest regards,<br>Scott

You definitely want a good bellows snout on the flywheel cover.
The 4 cylinder Flywheel Covers do not bring much money..... they just don't wear out, and the supply/demand is in favor of the buyer.
What are they asking for the F/C?
Did the PDS itself survive?

The bearing should be a 6206 open if the F/C offers the grease port.
If not, then the 6206 becomes a sealed bearing.... same bearing, just an extension number that makes it a sealed bearing.
Snap rings can be found at NAPA.

If you change out the F/C, one new rubber cushion is required in order to make a good seal against the transom shield.

I have F/C's here if you need one..... I do not have the PDS.

Hey Rick, I was hoping you would chime in on this one, the ebay seller took my offer of $150.00 for the F/C, it looks like it has some corrosion on it but it can be ground off. As I stated in my OP I think someone replaced the PDS without any bearings, seals or anything else with a used one because there are no signs on the PDS, Ujoints or C.V. joint to indicate any contact with the DESTROYED f/c. So, yes, the PDS is intact. Thank you for the bearing #'s. The rubber cushion looks new aft of the transom, should I still replace it? There is another one forward the transom, should I unbolt the engine and replace that one too?

There are a few questions that I have for you, so I sent you a PM w/ my phone #, thinking that a quick conversation would be better.

Last edited:
Back