Logo

Parts beneath main jet

Grah

Can anyone confirm if there is a rubber stopper-shaped fitting as pictured that sits beneath the nozzle tube under the main jet in a Yamaha F4BMH outboard carburetor?
It came out as I was cleaning the main jet housing but my enquiries with Yamaha Australia drew a blank. Their customer services guy did not know what I was talking about and noted the part does not appear in their parts catalog.

Thanks racerone. I think it’s 2015. At least that’s the year when I bought it new in Queensland. The manufacture plate reads: Thai Yamaha Motor Co Ltd F4BMH 6EC S 1002305 A if that‘s of any help.

See if you can find some markings on the carburetor itself. 67D for instance.

Here in the US the last F4's that used a rubber plug below the main nozzle was the F4MS/LH models.

Here is an illustration from a Yamaha Australia dealer that depicts the same carburetor but for the year 2009. Looks like in 2010 a different carburetor type was used.

Thank you Boscoe. My carburetor Is different to this one from Hunt Marine. The attached diagram from Yamaha Australia does depict mine, but does not show the rubber/silicone element that came out when I removed Item 5 (6BV-14947-00) from the carburetor chassis.
My carburetor is marked on the body KEIHIN JAPAN and on a flange 6BV 2E J with a final character that’s not English.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpeg
    IMG_1665.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 3
Thank you Boscoe. My carburetor Is different to this one from Hunt Marine. The attached diagram from Yamaha Australia does depict mine, but does not show the rubber/silicone element that came out when I removed Item 5 (6BV-14947-00) from the carburetor chassis.
My carburetor is marked on the body KEIHIN JAPAN and on a flange 6BV 2E J with a final character that’s not English.
None of the illustrations for any of the 6BV carburetors show the use of a rubber plug or cap.

Explains why Yamaha Australia could not help.

Perhaps the data provided by the carburetor maker Keihin to Yamaha is faulty.

After you reassemble your carburetor without the rubber cap, if it runs like dog doo try fitting it to the bottom of the main nozzle to see what happens.

Back