Logo

Part # for Fuel only pump...1988 120hp Looper...

n_e_t_o

Hey all,
We have a 1988 120 Johnson looper motor. VRO was disconnected years ago and have been premixxing. The fuel pump is finally going out. We want to replace it with the FUEL ONLY pump (still plan on premixxing). Anyone have the part # for this fuel pump and where I can get it? I do not have the boat at my house right now, hence, I have not supplied the serial/model #, however, I can get that info if needed. It is definitely a 1988 120 horse Johnson. Referred to as a "looper" motor.

Thanks in advance! We had water in the fuel, drained tank and refilled, drained carbs, changed fuel filter, and now it will run great for a while then just bog down like it's running out of gas after a short while.

It runs terrific for a while, so I do not suspect low compression in any of the cylinders. VRO Fuel pump has been making a funny noise lately, so we suspect the fuel pump has finally pump it's last tank.

Thanks in advance!
Randy

Re: Part # for Fuel only pump...1988 120 Looper...

Thanks GillMan,

Wow $389?!

I thought there was a fuel only pump out there that could be installed in place of the VRO for about 1/2 that? We don't need the whole kit, just the pump. Anybody know of this magical fuel only pump replacement that is south of $200?

Randy

Last edited:
Re: Part # for Fuel only pump...1988 120 Looper...

a few yrs ago,..the fuel only pump,was 175,.....complete vro(oms) was around 365....then,in one yr,....they jumped it up to within 50 bucks,of the complete system...

Back