Logo

Ox66 loves oil

R

run out

My brother has a early 2000's 225 OX66 with about 600 hrs on it. My question isn't the gas it burns but the oil that it consumes. This mtr; burns 2 gallons of oil per 50 gallons of gas. That seems a little to high to me. The mechanics down in Mantio NC told him that these motors are oil guzzelers. Does anyone else have this problem or heard of such a thing?? The oil pump was replaced about 20 hours ago and the mtr does run good. The compression checked out and i don't see oil leaking any-place, also it doesn't seem to foul plugs. Thanks for the read.

You will need to check the oil pump linkage. I have lost all my service manuals thanks to Sandy. I am sure someone on here will have them. If I remember with the throttle plates closed (Idle stop screw backed out) there should be no space between the oil arm and the stop.

Yes the oil pump can create some of the major problems including the problem you mentioned. So just check it and make sure it is in good condition. If it is so, you can fix it up.

face peels

Thanks guys for the replys,Chris i should have stated that it is a fuel injected motor. When you talk about throttle plates are you talking about a carbed motor? Also the oil pump was replaced with a new one not long ago. That is when 2 yammy mechanics told my brother that those 0x66 motors were bad on oil usage. Just hopeing someone with a 225 0x66 2 stroke fuel injected would chime in on what their oil consumption is. Motor is on a 23 foot hydra sport walk around.

I understand that it is Fuel injected. There are still throttle plates and a throttle stop screw. Just because the pump is new does not mean that the linkage to the pump is adjusted correctly.

Back