Logo

Overheating cobra 351 58 engine

pocono97

when i am 3000 rpm it drive n

when i am 3000 rpm it drive nice and smoth no problem at all it goes by 22 mph if i go faster than it stars to overheat? can u please help im new on boats thanks benny

"Benny- If you do not already

"Benny- If you do not already have one, you should get a repair manual- Seloc or an original OMC (ebay has them) for that year and engine size. Both manuals have troubleshooting sections for overheating, and other problems. Most common overheating is bad impeller, bad or stuck thermostat (t-stat), loose hose connections between impeller pump and pick up screen on lower unit, bad circulating pump on engine. Start with changing impeller and checking or replacing t-stat. Both are easy and inexpensive to do."

chris i removed the t-stat it

chris i removed the t-stat it was stuck and now i order the new impeler and new t-stat housing and t-stat .thanks for ur help im new on boats .were is location for impeler pump ?

"On the top/rear of the outdri

"On the top/rear of the outdrive there is a large plastic cover (the curved part) that has three bolts. Remove the cover. The impeller pump is inside the round housing. Remove the impeller housing. Replace the impeller, gasket and o-ring. Put a light coating of grease on the new impeller before assembling. If the flat steel plate inside housing is worn or scored you can turn over and use other side. If the egg shaped steel liner that has the slots in it is scored or worn it should be replaced also."

thanks thanks chris i have 1

thanks thanks chris i have 1 more boat 24 foot bayliner 88 whith 5.0 outdrive but no engine how hard its to remove the engine and install ? and the 5.0 outdrive would work whith 5.8 omc cobra(its ford engine 351)thanks man im sorry for bothering u

Back