Logo

Optimax oil injection warning buzzer

optiguy

Optimax year 2003, has a warning buzzer that goes off for 2 possible reasons. First is if there is water in the fuel / water filter. This appears to be OK. We went to a marina in Fort Myers and had this diagnosed. They said the sensor was bad in the small secondary oil tank. They had to order in a tank, but made a jumper wire to bypass the warning beeper. That got us out on the water that day. We received the new tank and didn't get around to putting it in until last week. Filled the tank half full, all we thought was good until today. Put the boat in the lake, starts right up, warning beeper goes off every minute. RRRRRRRRRRRRR Got out the jumper cable again and the buzzer stopped. Oil is now not refilling the tank when you undo the cap as required. Could this be a air lock? Any other ideas? Thanks for your thoughts Jamie

Ok, checked the caps ar all tight. Went and bought a gallon of opti oil. filled the small tank from half full to three quarters. WHALA. The buzzer has stopped. But the tank still will not fill on its own. Ran it at 2000 rpm for 5 minutes and had no level change in the small tank. Also 3/4 filled the large tank. I'm stumped. Any more ideas?

Running at an idle in my driveway and no oil comes into the small tank. I have the cap loosened right off.
This system worked un till we put in a new tank. If we put the boat in the water and run it at speed would that give it more pressure? We did have it in the lake yesterday though with no results. Does the oil come into the tank from the top, up the black rubber hose that is on the side? Just trying to understand the system. Many thanks for your efforts. Jamie

Time to change the check valve($18 part) that feeds the remote tank with crank case pressure. It is a very simple system. If the cap on the remote tank is cross threaded and not sealed tightly or cracked, the system will not work.

Back