Logo

Optimax helm trim switch connection

mcgyver

Contributing Member
2007 Optimax 150 I have the 84-816626a20 ignition/choke switch assembly with horn. At the engine end of the cable there is 4 wires not included in the round key switch harness connector, they are the grn/wht, blu/wht, tan, brn/wht that control the trim motor from the helm trim switch. for the life of me i cannot find the connections (on the engine side) for the grn/white and blu/wht wires that control the trim up/down. The trim works just fine from the cowling switch and trying to control from the helm...... help

Are you saying the trim does not work from the thumb switch? Either the switch has quit or a wire has come off in the handle assy.

!BuSyUuw!mk~$(KGrHqF,!iUEv1+0EYv3BL+sC4TuzQ~~_12.jpgyes, thumb on the binnacle, I checked the switch with an ohm meter and it's working.....I think I'm missing the connections at the engine.... I have the trim wires visible before the 8 pin round plug plugs into the female plug at the engine. I'm not sure if the trim wires (blu/white and grn/wht) go through that round plug or need to be connected before. There is a note on the pic where the 4 wires exit.

Last edited:
Back