Logo

Operating temp aq260??

mschwartz

Hi everyone I am curious I was running my boat last nite the engine water temp got up to around 190 degrees. I have a 163 degree fully opened thermostat in the motor the water temp was almost 75 degrees what range should the temp be in ?

Salt water begins to crystallize at/near 143* or so!
So if Raw Water cooled, and if in Salt Water, let this help determine which stat you use.

Otherwise, keep your temp up around 160* or so.

Don't forget to routinely replace the water neck fitting.
A bad or corroded fitting here will absolutely kill all sea water supply... likewise with a worn upper pivot tube bushing.

images

Hey Ricardo thanks for the info I actually already changed the hose attachment and gasket at the beginning of this season. I did some research in older threads and solved the issue. Earlier this season I changed my exhaust manifolds and I rerouted the wire harness. I placed to close to the exhaust it melted through the insulation enough to ground a out the wire to the block. I fixed the wire and tied it away from the exhaust manifold. On the test run temperature stayed at 165 degrees. I confirmed this with a laser temperature meter. This appears to have been s cheap and easy fix. Everybody gets an easy one once in a while

Back