Logo

one line gas tank

wd40

I have a 6 gal metal omc gas tank one line, the bulb goes flat and the motor runs out of gas, would a pluged vent cause this if so what is a good way to clean vent the motor runs great 9.5 johanson as long as it has gas

a plugged vent will cause it for sure...so will a contaminated screen on the bottom of the gas pickup.....barely crack the fill cap and see if problem goes away...if it does its the vent...if it dont its the pickup...if its a new tank then they are playing games with vent and i have one that wont work unless i crack the cap...its a known problem with one well known brand...

If the " Green Women " convince male politicians to keep putting on more useless & dangerous " safety gadgets " .

No boat will ever run again.

Tell it like it really is. Stop being afraid of dangerous products. Remove ANY new gadget that will cause unreliable operation in bad weather.
You can not have a boat be as unreliable as a car.............Unless you can walk on water.

I was going to buy a new bulb & hose setup. Untill I saw the STUPID way the hose was folded into PERMANANT kinks at each turn to save a penny on the size of the packaging. Totally RUINED hoses. returned for full refund.

Thank goodness idiots are in charge of packaging good products.................As a result I do not buy from the web. ......Unless I get a firm agreement from the company to refund ALL costs...............My credit card companies stop a lot of payments & credit my account several times a year.

MONEY...........It is now totally about greedy people making all the most profitable decisions.

i had purchased one of those new..."EPA" compliant gas tanks for a smaller boat. what an "effin" headache that turned out to be. the boat was alway doing what you described. i eventually found a older version on craigs list.....problem solved !!

and those tanks have doubled in price.....the first i bought was 50....the 2nd was 80....i saw them in a discount store the other day for 96...

Back