Logo

Onan MCE 45Kw Generator Coolant over flow into recovery tank

bulletine

Regular Contributor
"4.5 MCE-B- 1A

I have a pro

"4.5 MCE-B- 1A

I have a problem with the coolant over flowing into the recovery tank, and it is boiling. I removed the cooling pump and tested it and it is working. Removed the thermostats and tested them and they open and close correctly.

The raw water system is pumping water through the exhaust and a good flow. But there is a dripping and I intend on pulling it out and checking that and the impeller.

I found a Trawler had the same problem but have not seen how it was corrected.

Can anyone provide any light into resolving this problem.

Thanks"

you may have an air leak in th

you may have an air leak in the suction side of the raw water system.
I had a similar problem on my 454 last year after I had replaced the impeller. I hadn't quite tightened up the back-plate on the pump properly and as a result it wouldn't pull water through the transmission cooler and V-drive.

"Thanks for the info, I think

"Thanks for the info, I think the problem is with the cooling pump. Although I removed it and tested to be sure it was working, it had stopped (froze. I removed it a second time and brought it home, it ran for about 10 minutes then stopped. I did this once before and ran it for hours without a problem, which why I reinstalled it. I am assuming this is the problem. I ordered a new pump and when it arrives, I will install it and hopefully the problem will be repaired."

Back