Logo

OMC fuel quick connect sizes.

Neavesie

I found a slight weeping fuel line connecting to my 70hp motor and pulled the quick connector off. My fuel hose is 3/8 ID and the quick connector barb is 5/16 OD.
I went to my local boat shop to get one with a 3/8 barb and this is where I got stuck. The OMC ones have the 5/16 barb and the fuel hole is 5/16 as well. All of the the other ones (not OMC) that had a 1/8 barb also had a 1/8 fuel hole...

So my efforts to find a quick connect with 1/8 barb with a 5/16 fuel hole has come to a halt. No one seems to advertise the size of the fuel hole.

Can I assume that an OMC with a 1/8 barb is going to have a 5/16 fuel hole?
Honestly Id rather buy a new fitting than a hole new hose if I can.

Well-----I used to install new o-rings in the fittings almost everyday.----Of course that was years ago.-----Not sure why folks only buy new fittings today.

A 70 HP does not need a 3/8" hose.----The 3/8" hose was recommended for V-6 models.---See your BRP dealer and get a package of 5 o-rings !!

Thanks everyone. I know how I/m going to proceed.

Strangly. One thing I found was no matter the size or type of fittings on the hoses, they all have the same size 1/4 inner diameter holes. (Well all the 3/8 and 5/16 connectors and fittings I have looked at in the shops for comparison.)
So essentially I could have a bigger hose but it would still be restricted by the 1/4".
I just read in my service manual that all fuel distribution fittings should have a minimum 1/4" but 9/32 is actually prefered. This is for 50 through to 70 models. Food for thought :)

Back