Logo

Omc cobra 89 bayliner

pocono97

sorry guys im new on the boats

sorry guys im new on the boats when you go faster than 20-30 miles do you need to have a trim up ore down?? thanks benny

Depends on the boat and the w

Depends on the boat and the water conditions. If the water is smooth then you can run the trim up and you will gain some speed. But as you run the trim up it becomes more easy to start porpising(IE: bouncing)and your ride will be rougher. To get max speed you want to go WOT and run the trim up until you feel it begin to loose speed. Bump it back down and that is your max. But be careful it will be very loose in the water like that. It also depends on if you have trim tabs. I'm assuming it does not since I haven't seem many Bayliners that have tabs. I'd say just play with the trim until you get comfortable with it.

"hans thaks for ur help , if t

"hans thaks for ur help , if trim tabs are the 2 plates on the corner of back then i have trim tabs ? and please i know its a stupid question but i dont know whats a WOT is? thanks"

"yes those would be trim tabs.

"yes those would be trim tabs. Which changes things a bit. The tabs help hold the back of the boat up in the water and give you more control. With the tabs you can raise the trim up and then lower tabs down. This will give you more speed and effciency. When starting from dead stop you want the trim all the way down and the tabs all the way down, As you come up on plane you want to raise the trim up and then slowly raise the tabs up until the boat feels comfortable. There is not really a static setting that is that same for all boats. It is more trial and error until you get a feel for them. Every boat is different and the water conditions are always changing. Good luck."

"WOT= Wide Open Throttle, some

"WOT= Wide Open Throttle, sometimes also called "WFO" for Wide F* Open
"

"thanks hy stat ,Hy stat last

"thanks hy stat ,Hy stat last time in the lake my boat start on 4500 rpm misfiring on 3000-4000 rpm work fine? any ideas"

"Hi guys, i have a 1989 Reinel

"Hi guys, i have a 1989 Reinell w/ a inboard 350 OMC cobra,it started giving me a hard time setting it to reverse then it just wont go in reverse, forward its fine, except for what it sounds like a slight thump when engaging in forward, (exactly same thump when reverse started going nuts)"

Back