Logo

OMC 115HP Engine Wrenching Adventure

Jon NL

[FONT=Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]Hi GROUP !

First post new to boating other then a few sea doos long time ago and small pond boats i live in Newfoundland Canada. I was given a mid 90's Fourwinns Fling that I am trying to breath new life into over the w
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]inter, so i guess this is my winter project. (i [/FONT][FONT=&quot]didn't[/FONT][FONT=&quot] say how many winters lol) We have a cabin in central Newfoundland that is close to a big Lake so this jet boat could provide my family some fun during the summer.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]I have shared the start of this wrenching adventure in a few different places on various forums and it was recommended that i share it here :)

So here it goes :)

[/FONT]

Hummmmm no picture is showing up ??
950b2316-3c6e-490b-9f94-cad07266833c-jpeg.351958
21483e58-8d68-4d42-935a-f952360aabc2-jpeg.351957

Last edited:
Hummmmm no picture is showing up ??
950b2316-3c6e-490b-9f94-cad07266833c-jpeg.351958
21483e58-8d68-4d42-935a-f952360aabc2-jpeg.351957
I had the same issue with pictures. I’m using a Ipad and apparently Apple’s pictures aren’t in a format that this forum recognizes. I imported a picture taken with my Ipad to Adobe and was then able to post the picture as a jpg. Your pictures that you are trying to upload maybe too big, most forums have a size limit. I found the forum rules regarding pictures once and now I can’t find the rules. Spend some time searching this forum, hopefully you’ll find the forum parameters.

Attachments

• IMG_4760.jpg
    IMG_4760.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 25
@william01 kind of i take pictures with my iphone and download them to the computer and try and upload only some will upload i am guessing due to the size but this is the first time i have had this problem .... weird

[FONT=&quot]So the Po bought this boat and took it out and it started to fill up with water, took it in and put it on the trailer. It was left for multiple years not winterized. I found it on the side of a friends cabin with water in the motor compartment. I took the drain plug out and two years later it was given to me for free. Pulled the plugs and rolled the motor over by hand and it spit out water. I put oil in it and tried to boost it and found the starting motor full of water. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Removed the flywheel tonight, put the new bearings in the hubs and reassembled but found some bad issues that might be game ending. [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]When water was draining out of the boat it was coming out around the jet pump I thought it needed to be resealed, looked under and no intake grate hummm weird and there has been damage to the bottom of this boat that has been repaired [/FONT]

@william01 kind of i take pictures with my iphone and download them to the computer and try and upload only some will upload i am guessing due to the size but this is the first time i have had this problem .... weird
When you upload the photos to this site, look near the bottom of the photo. It will give the size of the file.
Tap that #, it will then change to “small, med, large”, giving the size of each. Pick one around 1mb, then select USE, (I think it’s top right of the window). Then click on upload.
my iPad takes around 6mb files, I do this process with every photo, & it works.

I admire your tenacity, however I too would be inclined to buy a re-man powerhead.

Back