Logo

Older Johnson seahorse 5 1/2hp

Tyler1993

I have an older Johnson sea horse 5-1/2hp outboard I baught today. It sat in a garage for 3 years and the gentleman said it ran when stored, but have a lot of resistance trying to pull the cord. I pulled the plugs and noticed the cylinders were gummed up and plugs had quite a bit of carbon on them, so I kept them out and tried again but still only got a bit easier to pull. And once again still has resistance. Any thoughts or advice on fixing? It would be extremely helpful. Or did I buy a boat anchor instead of a motorC379DF3F-901E-445D-B496-4351FCDA8BCE.jpeg

That is a 54 or 55 model.----Check gear oil first.-----It will need a new water pump impeller once you get it running.----Sweet running motor if in good condition.---Mix is 24:1 on it.

That is a 54 or 55 model.----Check gear oil first.-----It will need a new water pump impeller once you get it running.----Sweet running motor if in good condition.---Mix is 24:1 on it.
Thank you very much just got it running very quiet engine until the fuel line cracked in half just hard to pull I guess had a little oil come out of the water pump outlet any ideas5CE6E1C0-EA3D-4135-ACAC-8E5FAACE6565.jpeg

Back