Logo

Old-Time Johnson tilt motor

StjL

Tilt motor runs, but engine does not move. Trying to locate hydraulic fluid reservoir and fill. I'm guessing it's the hydraulic tube with the line running into it, but don't see how to fill. Before I start digging around inside the boat, just checking to see if that actually is what I think it is. Thanks.
Tilt Motor.jpg

It's there somewhere among the barnacles on the pump (below the electric motor). I don't remember exactly where without looking it up in a parts list.

It's there somewhere among the barnacles on the pump (below the electric motor). I don't remember exactly where without looking it up in a parts list.

I found the make and model number and downloaded the manual, so getting close, but still can't get to it because of the barnacles. Any suggestions on how to remove them without damaging the pump?

That pump and motor can be moved inside the boat.----It would live a happier life.----Some hose work required to move it.

That's a good thought. In that case, maybe I should just get new ones--if they still make them for this model. It's 1976.

Back